Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wednesday July 21, 2010

Day 6

Wake up at 8 AM and realize that it wasn't a nightmare, I really was back at the hospital. I am felling pretty good. Nurse comes in to get my vitals, etc, everything is good. Diane calls me at 8:15 AM to see how I was doing. I guess that all of the emotions from the night before "bubbled up" and I lost it emotionally while I was on the phone with her. She kept asking me what was wrong & I just couldn't get myself together. Next thing II know she tells me she is on her way and hangs up. After I hang up nurse "Ratched" came into the room and asked why I couldn't get a hold of myself. I told her that Tuesday was a really bad day and I was just drained emotionally. Her response was that "you're a grown man and you need to keep yourself under control." Great bedside manner.

Wednesday was more testing to try to find the source of the reason for my increased temp. Blood cultures and urine cultures, etc.

My brother Jim calls me for an update. I bring him up to date and he tells me he has contacted our union president to see if the union will intervene with the insurance company about an acute care rehab facility.

More drugs and off to bed.

Day 6, no bowel movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment