Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monday July 19, 2010

 Day 4

Out of bed and walked, with walker, out of my room and down the hall a little. It wasn't hard on my back, but arms are really weak.

Dr. Mitchell starts talking about getting me out of hospital and into the rehab hospital, I'm excited!

Dr. Mitchell wants me in an "acute care" facility for 2 to 4 weeks. Insurance company denies the acute care facility and will only approve 7 days in an sub-acute facility. Dr. Mitchell appeals insurance decision. He is denied. I appealed the insurance company's decision. An appeal hearing will be held on Tuesday and I will be involved via conference call. My doctor will also be involved.

Dr. Mitchell tries to explain to me the difference between "acute" and "sub-acute" care. An acute care facility is one that only deals with patients that are recovering from major injuries or surgeries. Sub-acute facilities is usually a nursing home that has a wing that they call sub acute. It is still a glorified nursing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment