Sunday, August 8, 2010

Friday July 30, 2010

Day 15
ESCAPE day! Going home this afternoon.

Up at 5:30 AM, very sore today. Probably because PT and OT did a lot yesterday.

Today is the 2 week anniversary of my surgery. The pain I had before surgery is almost gone. Numbness in feet and right calf is still there but doctors say that is due to the nerves being compressed for so long. They should heal over time. Right thigh is still dead numb, that was due to the 10 hour surgery. It's so numb that the therapist warned me to be careful because if I lean into something hot, I won't feel it but will get burned.

Got home around 2PM. My dogs were very happy to see me. My wife has set up a very "walker" friendly house. My buddy Gary installed new handrails for the upstairs steps, that Gary!

No comments:

Post a Comment