Friday, October 1, 2010

Saw The Surgeon

Saw the surgeon yesterday. Probably the reason I am awake at 5 in the morning. Not good news. While I am better now than before the surgery, I still don't think it was worth it. I still have the same facet joint pain in my lower left back when I stand for more than 5 minutes or walk 50 yards. The walking is better when I use a cane but the standing is still a problem.
The surgeon said that they don't do to well with facet pain. Wish I had heard that BEFORE the surgery. He said that using a cane isn't the worst thing, yea unless your the one having to use it! He reminded me that it is only 2 1/2 months out and final determinations aren't made until 6-12 months. I am holing out hope, but I think that "I am what I am" as far as improving.
Don't get me wrong, there is improvement. I am standing much straighter, most people comment on that. The numbness in my right leg has improved by 75%. I can do some things easier now than before the surgery, however I still have the back pain and that is why I considered the surgery in the first place. I would put up with all of my other problems if I could get some back pain relief!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment